I know itís good for my body and my heart and Iíll burn those dreaded calories, but what else does training do for me as opposed to aerobics? (Samantha, Queens)Answer
If you are looking for all the benefits your strength training program provides, make sure to add these to your list:
- Improve the bodyís blood sugar level and control or lower insulin levels at rest, reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Increase bone density; decrease joint pain thus reducing the risk of osteoporosis and the debilitating effects of arthritis.
- Improve cholesterol and lipid levels and lower blood pressure
- De-stress and increase focus and concentration
- Increase self-esteem and empowerment. Enhance activities of daily living and life quality Ė enjoyment!
Listen to Frank Mikulka’s Weekly Fitness Tips every week on Debbie Mandel’s Turn On Your Inner Light Show every Tuesday evening from 7:00 to 7:30 pm on WGBB 1240AM. Also available on www.turnonyourinnerlight.com/page3.html